Frequently Asked Questions

  • Which records are kept on file in the City Clerk's Office?

    Ordinances, resolutions, motions, minutes of Commission meetings, agreements, elections files, lobbyist files, boards and committee files.
  • Which records are "public records"?

    All records in the office of the City Clerk are public with the exception of: (a) home addresses/phone numbers of current or retired police officers, fire fighters, and code enforcement officers; (b) transcript of attorney-client sessions; (c) election complaints prior to file order from State Election Commission; and (d) any other records deemed exempt under Florida Statue 119.
  • What is my right to inspect "public records"?

    You may view records at our office- 3500 Pan American Drive, Dinner Key, Miami, FL, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
  • How can I obtain a copy of "public records"?

    Copies can be made in our office.
  • What is the charge for reproducing "public records"?

    *Photocopies cost 15 cents per single-sided page and 20 cents per double-sided page.

    *CDs cost $15.75 each.
    *Certificates cost $1.00 each.
  • Can I view "public records" on the City Clerk's Web Site?

    Ordinances, motions, marked agendas and verbatim minutes for Commission meetings from October 9, 2003 to the present can be viewed through our web site.

  • Where can I find out more about public records laws and the Florida Sunshine ?

    Click here for "Overview of the Sunshine and Public Record Laws"

For non-emergency information, dial 3-1-1.

City Clerk's Office:   Home | About Us | Contact Us | ADA | Legislative Hub | City Ordinance