Contact Us |
Communities all share a concern about the safety and
welfare of their youth and search for ways to keep their
young people safe. The risk of abuse, neglect, or
serious family problems jeopardize this safety and may
result in running away from home.
Project Safe Place
gives youth in crisis a safer alternative. The program
provides access to immediate help and safety to those
young people between the ages of 10 and 17.
- A youth in crisis walks into any Safe Place location
(school, library, fire station, etc.). He will let an
employee know that he needs help. A Safe Place location
is designated by the yellow and black logo.
- The employee will call the local Safe Place agency.
- A Safe Place volunteer will arrive to talk with the
youth and transport him to the agency.
- A counselor will meet with the youth to provide any
necessary assistance. By law in most states, family
members or guardians will be contacted to let them know
that the youth is safe.
- Safe Place will provide the youth and their family with
counseling and supportive resources made possible
through a network of agencies, volunteers, and
businesses. The goal is to resolve family conflicts
before a situation becomes dangerous.
Miami Bridge, Inc.
2810 NW South River Drive
Miami, FL 33125-1120
For more information, please visit the Safe Place
Contact Us |