The Miami Yacht Club is
an informal Club located on Watson Island just North of
Government Cut. The location is a great gateway to lower
Biscayne Bay, the Keys and the Bahamas to the East.
Miami Yacht Club members frequently form cruising trips
to the Keys and the Bahamas.
In 1927, at the height of the City of Miamiís boom
years, the South Florida Boat Racing Association, the
forerunner of the Miami Yacht Club, was born. On
February 27, 1934, the still young Association realized
the first Miami-Nassau Race. Made possible by the full
support and assistance of the Mayor of Miami and
co-sponsored by the City through the early 1970's, the
Miami-Nassau Race was organized by the Nassau Yacht Club
of the Bahamas and the soon-to-be Miami Yacht Club. On
November 23, 1934 the Association changed its name to
the Miami Yacht Club. Following World War II, Miami
became a permanent family town. During this time the
Miami Yacht Club moved to its permanent home and Watson
Island was a logical and appropriate choice.
The Club offers Youth and Adult Sailing programs,
Racing, hosts Regattas and sponsors Sea Explorer Ship
1927 and Community Service
Miami Yacht Club includes: dry storage along with a
limited number of wet slips, lounge, bar and restaurant,
is open six days a week from 11:30-11 PM, offers lunch
and dinner daily, except on Mondays until 9 PM.
For further information on the Miami Yacht Club, please
Miami Yacht Club
1001 McArthur Causeway
Miami, Florida 33132